Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 1995 11:43:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Michael C. Newell" <mnewell@lupine.nsi.nasa.gov>
To:        Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
Cc:        jkh@freebsd.org, witr@rwwa.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.0.5 ed driver problems continued

On Mon, 19 Jun 1995, Mark Tinguely wrote:

> I had a real SMC8013 do the ed0 timeout problem, turns out something
> in the boot sequence reconfigured the card's soft IRQ setting back to 5
> eventhough I move kernel and card's IRQ to 9 after installing the FreeBSD
> from the net using IRQ 5.

Did you leave the jumper in one of the fixed positions?  That causes the
card to reset its NVRAM back to the specified original setting.  You need
to set the jumper to "soft" to keep the ezsetup modified configuration.

Thanks,

Mike

|Mike Newell                           | The opinions expressed herein are  |
|NASA Science Internet Network Systems | my own, and do not necessarily     |
|Sterling Software, Inc.               | reflect those of the NSI program,  |
|MNewell@nsipo.nasa.gov                | Sterling Software, NASA, or anyone |
|+1-202-434-8954                       | else.                              |
|                   work: http://www-dc.nsi.nasa.gov/~mnewell               |
|                    home: http://www.newell.arlington.va.us                |