Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 12:21:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Stunt Pope <markjr@shmOOze.net>
To:        Sean Harding <sharding@oregon.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Spam on the lists

Would it be excessive to limit posting to the list to people subscribed to
the list, or any of the freebsd lists?

I don't think it's too much to ask of someone posting a legit message that
they actually be subbed to one of the lists.

my 0.02

-mark

(my filter gets most of it too, but i'm sure freebsd.org could do without
the extra cpu cycles to shovel out somebody's junk mail)

On 14-Mar-98 Sean Harding wrote:
>Someone needs to put some spam filters on the FreeBSD mailing lists; the
>addresses have apparently made it onto some bulk e-mail lists. I get
>enough spam on my own without the FreeBSD lists helping me :-)
>
>Sean

---
Mark Jeftovic                   aka: mark jeff or vic, stunt pope.
markjr@shmOOze.net              http://www.shmOOze.net/~markjr
PWC's BOFH                      http://www.PrivateWorld.com
irc: L-bOMb                     Keep `em Guessing