Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:43:26 +0200 (GMT+02:00)
From:      Mindaugas Duda <mindaugas77@one.lt>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD.org" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   question about FTP

Hello,

   I'am new in FreeBSD and other non win systems ao I have one stupid
   question.
   I make fresh FreeBSD 4.5 install and configured anonymous ftp
   service in /stand/sysinstall. Then I enabled ftpd daemon in
   inetd.conf and restarted my BSD box. All seems normal, anonFTP
   works, but it works very slow.
   My computer is connected:  WinBOX<--->10MB hub<-->FreeBSDBox
   But the speed when I uploading to anon ftp is 60 - 90 kbps and when
   I downloading from my ftp speed is 1 - 15 kbps and it seems
   sometimes it hangs up.
   network cards are RTL8139 chips both (and winbox and BSDbox)
   At first I thought that my BSD box computer ($%&!(####@!!, but I
   installed Linux Slackware 8.0 and tryed ftp on it.
   i.e. LinuxBox<-->10MB hub<-->Winbox.
   The speed was 700 - 900 kbps (I think that is normal 10MB metwork
speed)
   I tryed ftpd daemon, proftpd standalone,(on BSD) but speed is the
   same: 60 - 90 kbps.
   What I'm doing wrong???
   may by my KERNEL need some options???
   no firewall, no limitations is installed... the fresh install...

   plz help me...

--
Sincerely
 Mindaugas                           mindugas77@one.lt