Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2007 23:25:55 +0200
From:      Markus Hitter <mah@jump-ing.de>
To:        Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3@amdmi3.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: porting software using glibc's getline()

Am 21.09.2007 um 18:22 schrieb Dmitry Marakasov:

> I have a problem porting a piece of software that use
> getline(char**, int*, FILE*). This function is only present in
> glibc so I wonder what do I do in this case?

Ideally, you'd replace getline()'s usage with something similar, like
fgets(3).

If this isn't reasonable, get inspired by glibc's sources and write
your own. Another inspiration might come from here:

<http://www.lst.inf.ethz.ch/teaching/lectures/ss07/2100/
filesystem_lab/html/getline_8h-source.html>

HTH,
Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/