Date:      Sat, 22 Jul 2000 16:32:28 -0400
From:      John Turner <john@drexeltech.com>
To:        David@SkytrackerCanada.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: question on database rdbms - php mysql

At 11:34 AM 7/22/00, David Banning wrote:

>I wonder though - is there a front-end for mysql where we could
>create data entry forms - look up companies - then orders etc.. either
>for
>X or for dumb terminals

Look here for utilities/packages that might make it easier to develop apps
using PHP and MySQL:

http://www.php.net/projects.php

>I know Britanica has written their whole enyclopedia disk to run through
>a browser whether you use it stand-alone or web-based.  It is feasable
>/efficient
>to create a php / html order system for in-house use as well as web
>based?

Absolutely.  External users/customers aren't the only ones who can take
advantage of web-based applications.  Internal users/customers can benefit
from them as well for all of the same reasons.

- John Turner
john@johnturner.com