Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 15:30:26 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Derevyanko Alexandr Evgenievich <der@pc759.cs.msu.su>
To:        Dean Chang <dean@mail.sinbon.com.tw>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can you help me!!A question about npx in FreeBSD 4.0-current!

On Mon, 17 May 1999, Dean Chang wrote:

> Dear FreeBSD.,
>                            When  rebuilding a new kernel from
> 2.2.5_RELEASE
>                            to 4.0_CURRENT, I get a message as below:
>
>                            Removing old directory
> ../../compile/FREEBIE:Done.
>                            (FREEBIE is my config file.)
>          See -->      file.i386 = i386/isa/npx.c must be optional or
> standard.

VERY Starnge. I have the same problem - in 2.2.6-RELEASE version. I don't
upgrate the sources (newer) from the install time, and compiling the
kernel 4-5 times before. Now when i try to do it it fails with exactly
same diagnostic. Ever with old kernel config file wich was compiled
succesfully before. Before reading you mail i claims it for HD failure - i
found a couple of bad blocks on my drive, and thinks that the source tree
becomes broken, but now i don't know what to think.