Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:33:45 +0300
From:      "Marwan Sultan" <Admin@kifco.net>
To:        "FreeBSD questions List" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   cron or ipfw problem!

Hello bsd,

  I have FreeBSD 4.8R, NATd, ipfw enabled.

  I want to add a rule to ipfw which activate from 3AM to 3PM : says:
  ipfw 05000 add deny all from 192.168.1.21 to any

  So I created a shell script lets say deny.sh says the above rule and
  I chmod +x the script.

  Second shell script lets say enable.sh to delete this ipfw which sure
  says ipfw delete 05000

  So in this case I have to shell scripts one will Activate the
  ipfw rule (add) and will deactivate it (delete).

  How to run the scripts? thro crontab I fixed my crontab to
  0 3 * * * /path/deny.sh
  0 15 * * * /path/enable.sh

  Am i doing something wrong? is it a stupid thing?

  The crontab runs at the schedualed times and I can see in /var/log/cron
  /usr/sbin/cron[18525]: (root) CMD (/path/deny.sh)

  But the ipfw will not be added! why? the email log says: ipfw: not found

  why? is it a crontab mistake? shell script mistake? ipfw?

  I tried many many other commands in the shell script such as mkdir,
  rm-rf whatever.. all works, except this ipfw?

  Any advise? Help? better ideas?

  Thank you
--
Marwan Sultan