Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:36:47 +0200
From:      Alex <freebsd-reply@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
Cc:        freebsd-reply@akruijff.dds.nl
Subject:   Re[2]: Webalizer undefined symbol problem

Hello/Beste Toomas,

> Previously, I wrote:

>> Are you hinting that the gd library is not actually installed on my
>> system? I don't think this is the case, because when installing
>> webalizer, the following is printed on the screen:
>>
>> ===>   webalizer-2.1.10_1 depends on shared library: gd.2 - found
>>
>> Also, libgd.so.2 lives in /usr/local/lib and libgd.so is symlinked to
>> it.

> I apologize for my blindness. I didn't notice that the error message
> referred to /usr/lib/libgd.so.2, not /usr/local/lib/libgd.so.2

> There was indeed *another* version of libgd.so.2 in /usr/local. I have
> no idea why it was there, so I removed it to see what breaks :-)

> As soon as I removed /usr/lib/libgd.so.2, webalizer started to work. I
> assume it's now using the right version of libgd.

I had a similar problem with a other port. Sometimes everything look
ok but this wasn't the case. Now days i just recompile the port with
the mentioned file. If that doesn't work then i recompile everything.
(either idprio 30 portupdrade -Rrf port-i-want-to-start or idprio 30
portupdrade -fa) Worst case is that *my machine* lost some time (which
it got plenty of), best case is that my problem is fixed.

--
Best regards/Met vriendelijke groet,
Alex