Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 2000 09:17:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@ICSI.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Rudy <rudy@monkeybrains.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: '/kernel: Too many dynamic rules, sorry

> I got '/kernel: Too many dynamic rules, sorry' for the first time.
> To got rid of keep-state on my port 80 and the problem went away.

whether or not this is a solution depends on your requirements of
course... though maybe it is not that useful to use keep-state with
a web server where you basically want to have this accessible from
the outside.

> [2] Does primeness matter with net.inet.ip.fw.dyn_buckets?

in the case of dynamic rules, a prime will not give you any
advantage. the hash table is just a set of hash_size lists,
and they are typically pretty full (the total number of entries is
configurable but by default way larger than the number of hash slots).

	cheers
	luigi