Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 2003 13:05:59 -0600 (GMT)
From:      Sean Welch <welchsm@earthlink.net>
To:        grehan@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Further testing (netbooted)

I attempted to turn on the lock demon by turning on
both rpc_lockd_enable and rpc_statd_enable in rc.conf
on my nfs server, but still no file locking.  Suggestions?

Meanwhile, here is a further list of what I've tested
that works:

domainname ed ln top bg fg kill mkdir hostname stty realpath
red rmdir sleep sync unlink alias apropos basename biff
brandelf bzip2 bunzip2 cal chgrp chown cksum clear compress
uncompress cut diff dirname edit ee egrep ex expand fetch
fgrep fmt fold ftp groups gunzip gzcat gzip id jobs join
jot killall last lock login look nfsstat nvi pagesize paste
printenv quota readlink reset ree script sdiff size sockstat
sort split stat strings su sum systat tar telnet time top
truncate tty umask uptime uniq users view wc whatis whereis
whoami whois window write xargs zcat zdiff zegrep zgrep
zmore

I just went through /bin and /usr/bin alphabetically looking
for commands I use and tried them.

Here's additional things that did not work:

chpass --> no file locking again
fstat: /dev/mem: No such file or directory
locate: database too small: /var/db/locate.database
flock
pawd --> never returns
showmount --> never returns
vmstat -->
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libdevstat.so.3: Unsupported relocation type 6 in non-PLT relocations

Hope this is of some use...

                            Sean