Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 18:49:59 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Strange Linux emulation behaviour ...

Dear Sirs.

I posted this question priorly to this mailing-lists but the problem
couldn't be solved since then.

We use on several UNIX boxes running FreeBSD 4.3 STABLE as cvsupdated 5 days
ago. Additionaly, we use Lahey's LF95 Fortran compiler for Linux. Since the
last cvsupdate on all machines the Fortran compiler worked well. We did our
last cvsupdate bevor the last one about 20 days ago.

Compiling a simple hello world works well. Then, when starting the program
once, it produces output as expected. But calling it a second time gives me this:

An I/O error was detected (c library=getcwd, unit=10)

Sourcecode:

	PROGRAM IOTEST

	OPEN (unit=10, file='io.out', status='new')
	WRITE (10,1) 'Hello World!'
	1 FORMAT (a)
	CLOSE (10)

	END PROGRAM IOTEST

It is strange: I changed current directory and rechanged back to the
little program's working directory and called it again - and it worked, for
onne call only! Then doing cd again and re-cd into the working dir.

What's going on?

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institut fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinensaal)