Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 02:02:49 GMT
From:      <alainjean@ifrance.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   gcc internal error compiling MySQL 3.23.31 on 4.2/ALPHA

Dear fellow FreeBSDers,

Has anyone successfully compiled MySQL 3.23 from the
ports
or from the source tar.gz downloaded from the MySQL
site on FreeBSD/Alpha 4.2 (using built-in threads) ?

On my system (EV6) compile fails consistently with:

c++ -DMYSQL_SERVER                    =20
-DDEFAULT_MYSQL_HOME=3D"\"/usr/local\""  -
DDATADIR=3D"\"/home/mysql\""                    =20
-DSHAREDIR=3D"\"/usr/local/share/m
ysql\""                         -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-I./../include                 -
I./../regex                     -I. -I../include -I..
-I.    -O -DDBUG_OFF   -fn
o-implicit-templates -DMYSQLD_NET_RETRY_COUNT=3D1000000
-c sql_table.cc
sql_table.cc: In function `int mysql_admin_table(THD
*, TABLE_LIST *, HA_CHECK_O
PT *, thr_lock_type, bool, const char *, int
(handler::*)(THD *, HA_CHECK_OPT *)
)':
sql_table.cc:1016: Internal compiler error in
`gen_reload_inhi', at ../cc_tools/
insn-emit.c:5550
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html>;
for instructions.

On both versions: 3.23.26-beta from the ports of
3.23.32 (now stable) from the MySQL site.

I can compile this same file without any
optimization, but even -O fails (the compiler is
noisy about the fact that -O2 is strongly discouraged
at this time)

A search on the MySQL and FreeBSD sites produced no
hit about the same case. It seems than another source
file used to give internal errors at some point, but
this is not the same file. Recent 3.23 versions are
said to have workarounds for gcc 2.95.2 bugs on
Alpha.

I will report this to GNU.

I wanted to upgrade because the 3.22 version compiled
without any problem from the ports dies very
frequently with signal 11.

Please reply to:
alain
at
cscoms dot net

and/or on the list.

Thank you for any help.
_Alain_

=20
vos emails depuis un navigateur, en POP3, sur Minitel, sur l=
e WAP...