Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:13:48 -0400
From:      "Peter C. Lai" <sirmoo@cowbert.2y.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86+Dualhead+DRI (rv200)

I recently acquired a Radeon 7500 (rv200 chipset), upgraded to X 4.3.0,3 and
4.8-STABLE. kernel drm version is 1.8.0 and dri works very well in X.

Before I got the Radeon, I was using indirect rendering on a dualhead system. I
can get dualhead working with the Radeon with both Xinerama on and off, but
with the Xinerama off, DRI is still disabled by X.

I read somewhere that it was possible to get direct rendering in a multihead
configuration by running 2 separate X servers? Maybe Eric Anholt can shed some
light on this?

Thanks,
pete

--