Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2000 15:30:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alan Chan <alanux@excite.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, Alan Chan <alanux@excite.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: login problems due to ttys

Alfred,

Thanks for your swift response.  I can now login as root using "boot -s"
command that you instructed.  A small question: I'm in the single user mode
and need to execute the vi command.  Can't seem to find the directory where
the vi command's located.  I gave up looking for it.  Can you please let me
know how I can execute the vi command in a single user mode so I can modify
the /etc/ttys file?  Your help is sincerely appreciated.

Alan