Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:32:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        Chris Byrnes <chris@JEAH.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syncache bug

:
:On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 09:17:34AM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:> :When is the patch for the syncache bug going to be committed to -STABLE?
:
:>     I reminded J. Lemon about this yesterday.  If he doesn't get to it
:>     in the next day or two I'll go ahead and MFC it.
:
:Is this the syncache bug in:
:
:http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=34658
:
:or a different one?
:
:	David.

    That looks like a different one but, who knows?

    The bug jlemon just fixed is related killing and restarting a web server.
    syncache caches the listening socket ('so') so killing and then restarting
    the server resulted in a stale reference to the previously closed (and
    now free) 'so'.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>