Date:      Sun, 14 Apr 1996 10:59:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can someone explain why...

> Marc G. Fournier stands accused of saying:
> > 	Okay, that works for me...is there anything I can do to a SIMM to
> > test it *before* I change it?  Or to test the new one before I even put it
> > in?  Trial and Error doesn't seem to be an effective way of fixing this
> > problem :(
>
> Spend several thousand dollars on a _real_ SIMM tester.  Or find a supplier
> and brand of SIMM that you're happy with and stick with it.

Even that won't protect you from the occasion batch of bad simms... trust
me, I get hit about twice a year by it :-(.

> We're having a good run with Panasonic parts in Triton motherboards at
> the moment.

Humm... last time I got Panasonic I had to RMA them 3 times (total of
48 sticks all showing the same problem, very simmiliar to what Marc is
experiencing) before the vendor gave up and shipped me another brand, YMMV...