Date:      Sat, 16 May 1998 14:16:40 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
To:        Sean-Paul Rees <sean@dreamfire.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.6-STABLE Kernel Compiliation problems (5/15/1998)

Sean-Paul Rees wrote:

> Hello,

	Howdy. If you want to run -Stable you should subscribe and post
questions about it to freebsd-stable@freebsd.org.

>     I just CVSup'ed the updates to the 2.2-STABLE branch,  but at the
> end-  I am getting this error:

> isa.o: Undefined symbol `_isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment

	I'm guessing that you upgraded your sources and tried to build a new
kernel without make'ing the world first. Don't do this. :) You just
discovered a good reason why, namely sometimes things in the kernel
change that require support in other parts of the system.

Good luck,

Doug

--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
*** Proud designer and maintainer of the world's largest Internet