Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 16:09:39 -0500
From:      Loren Thiel <thiel@genevaonline.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Fwd: Where's X go?

Hello,
Being familiar with Windows 95...i was wondering where the equivalent of
the \windows and \windows\system directories would be with X?  What I mean
is...where are the main system binaries...libraries...(does X use dll
files, dynamic-linked-libraries) what are some of the other directories for
under X?  How about shortcuts...or .lnk files in Windows95? What are those
in X?  Does X use a registry like windows?  How about startup files, like
win.ini, system.ini?

I've also rescently learned about windows managers...if I pick say KDE to
run now...1st, where does that install to? 2nd, is it easy to change to
another one...like fvwm2...or one of the other ones I found at
http://www.PLiG.org/xwinman/index.html ?

Thanks,
Loren Thiel
thiel@genevaonline.com