Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 1996 11:38:57 -0400
From:      "Sexton, Robert" <sextonr.crestvie@squared.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Intense wierdness re:perl.

Howdy,

I lost a disk last night, and after scraping the system off
the floor with backup tapes, I have happened across a truly
bizarre problem:  Perl, when executing the majordomo scripts,
dumps core with a signal 11 (SIGSEG, I think).  For the life of
me, I cannot figure out why.  It worked before, and I had good
restores on my dump tapes (I did have to fix some group id's after
restoring my incrementals).  I had to re-organize the locations
of root, var, and usr, and I wonder if some sort of /dev entry
problem is causing this.

	Thanks for any ideas,
	Robert Sexton