Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2014 16:50:56 +0000
From:      Kaya Saman <kayasaman@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Eaton PDU snmp

Hi,

has anyone ever used an Eaton PDU with snmp before?

I'm having issues in using snmp with it.

snmpwalk works, though an odd thing is that setting version to 1 I get
this as output:

[...]
SNMPv2-MIB::snmpOutGenErrs.0 = Counter32: 0
SNMPv2-MIB::snmpOutGetRequests.0 = Counter32: 0
SNMPv2-MIB::snmpOutGetNexts.0 = Counter32: 0
SNMPv2-MIB::snmpOutSetRequests.0 = Counter32: 0
SNMPv2-MIB::snmpOutGetResponses.0 = Counter32: 8936
SNMPv2-MIB::snmpOutTraps.0 = Counter32: 0
SNMPv2-MIB::snmpEnableAuthenTraps.0 = INTEGER: enabled(1)
SNMPv2-MIB::snmpSilentDrops.0 = Counter32: 0
SNMPv2-MIB::snmpProxyDrops.0 = Counter32: 0

In addition using version 1 or 3 Cacti simply won't take the basic
information let alone the more advanced stuff....

as in where the device uptime, name, location and, ip address should be
just gives me "SNMP Error".

I have contacted the manufacturer about it and all they suggest is that
due to the fact that I'm running "bespoke" software that they cannot
assist with??

Observium seems to be much better and manages to pick up at least the
Network interface.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I could try or am I simply gona be
stuck with semi-functioning snmp?

Regards,

Kaya