Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 1999 14:06:47 -0500
From:      "Alejandro Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        "Nick LoPresti" <nick@chromatix.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Linux emulator

Hi,

    Well the modstat: /dev/lkm: Device not configured message its ok, you
are not using lkms anymore, if you want to have better compatibility with
linux app, try these lines in your kernel config file:

options  "P1003_1B"
 options  "_KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING"
 options  "_KPOSIX_VERSION=199309L"

This are the POSIX extensions for FreeBSD, to achieve the most compatibility
of POSIX applications and are required for linux threads, rebuilt the kernel
and install it.

also you may want to look at this page, it may help you out:

http://www.cybernet.com/~mtaylor/q3ahowto.html

I hope this helps...

Ales