Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 1998 14:32:57 -0600
From:      Gary Landers <gary@tein.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   HELP make-localhost address

Where does make local host get the ip address it puts in the
localhost.rev

I have two servers DNS1 and DNS2,  DNS1 is running fine with no problems
I am configuring DNS2 to take the place of DNS1 as my primary server. My
plan is to get both running as Primary before changing DNS1 into a
secondary. When I run make-localhost script on DNS2 it uses the IP
address for DNS1. If I put the right ip in localhost.rev then named says
"unable to locate hostname for XXX.XXX.XXX.2"  the hostname command
returns the correct name, the ip address is correct (I can telnet
remotly)
I have the grasshopper book, and have checked /etc/hosts file. I have it
wrong somwhere but cant seem to find it. DNS1 is running 2.1.5 DNS2 is
running 2.2.6 installed last week.
Please bear with me if this is an easy one, I have been running Freebsd
for about 9 months but DNS2 is my first configuration from the ground
up, (someone else setup DNS1)
Thanks in advance
Gary  Landers