Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 10:45:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        "Jacques A . Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>, Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP changes and breaking kld object module compatibility

    After further review I don't think there are any compatibility problems
    with the spl*() mechanisms.

    But I must still caution that due to the extensive nature of the
    cleanup, despite being mostly internal to the kernel, there could
    very well be other things that we have overlooked which might still cause
    problems with third party modules that aren't recompiled.  The real answer
    has changed from "There will be problems" to "There may be problems".

					-Matt