Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 1999 13:47:57 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Restaurants (was: FreeBSD Con)

On Monday, 21 June 1999 at 22:07:35 -0600, Brett Glass wrote:
> At 11:05 PM 6/21/99 +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Is it too early to start planning meetings and gatherings around the
>> FreeBSD Con (<URL:http://www.freebsdcon.org/>)?
>>
>> I'm planning on being in the area from the 16th until the 24th of October.
>> Any FreeBSD users in the area fancy meeting up for dinner, sight-seeing,
>> and so on?
>>
>> Any recommendations for things to do over there, or places to avoid?
>
> I'd like to gather some enthusiasts for dinner at what I think is
> the best Indian restaurant (actually, a family-run chain) in the
> Bay Area: Pasand (http://www.pasand.com/).

Are they the people who used to be on Stevens Creek in Cupertino near
the junction with Lawrence?  They were OK, but not spectacular.  I
drove past there last week, and they don't seem to be there any more.

If anybody in that area is looking for a good Indian restaurant, I
preferred a Southern Indian place near the junction of Lawrence and
Central, near Computer Literacy.  I forget the name, but they have a
big advertisement visible from Lawrence.

Greg