Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2001 07:30:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/31591: kdeinit crashes when I close KDE2 session

The following reply was made to PR ports/31591; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:24:10 -0500

 I did a lot of work building CVS rpms for RH7.1 up until I switched to
 FreeBSD earlier this month. The KDE2.2 code is *old*. This was a recurring
 problem on Linux as well. Try the new ports (2.21). kdelibs2 has an error in
 the dependencies (libxml2.4.6) but it'll build and install (with -f) just
 fine. Then build kdebase2. I'm submitting a patch later today for its packing
 list file, but basically just cut out the share/config/kdm/X* files.

 IIRC A KDE 2.2.2 port update is coming in a couple of weeks, which should
 bring the code up to sync with CVS (more or less) again. I'd not waste too
 much time on things until that happens. KDE2 was a very fast moving target,
 and even after release interfaces kept changing (although infrequently) as
 code was fixed and reworked.