Date:      Wed, 02 Oct 2002 08:57:52 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.org>
To:        jmd17@columbia.edu
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 4.7-RELEASE Schedule

--==_Exmh_782619784P

If memory serves me right, "John Daniels" wrote:
> The ReEng schedule ( www.freebsd.org/releases/4.7R/schedule.html )
> indicates that the work that is usually done in the last few days before a
> release has not been done, so I suspect that 4.7-R will be late.

Yep.  (Note also that we're usually better at updating the status board /
schedule near the start of code-freeze than near the end.)

> Is there a new estimate for release date?  Will there be a third RC?

I'm deliberately ducking your first question.  :-)

I'm presuming we'll do a 4.7-RC3, probably with the recently-tagged doc/
and ports/ trees...not sure which package set (4.7-RC2's packages are
available now, but the final package build for 4.7-RELEASE is running
now).

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_782619784P

--==_Exmh_782619784P--