Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2001 11:35:43 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Scott D <digitalox@earthlink.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: simple idea to rid the world of most spam

Scott D <digitalox@earthlink.net> types:
> At 07:40 PM 2/16/01 -0600, you wrote:
> >Speaking of which, I've verified that -questions accepts mail when
> >freebsd-questions isn't in the To: or Cc: lists. Has anyone considered
> >adding a filter that bounces anything like that with an explanation? I
> >can't think of any legit reason to Bcc: -questions.
> I agree I get some mail in the wrong folder because of this (and when you
> belong to a lot to a lot of high volume groups like this one it can be
> troublesome), mail should be to freebsd, and the cc or bcc should be to the
> individuals IMHO.

Actually, that wasn't *quite* what I was suggesting. However, if you
want this to happen, the digest needs to be fixed. The messags it
provides only have From, Subject & Date headers. I don't know of a
mailer that will pick up a From header and put it in a Cc: line. I
have to go back and add the Cc: line for -questions by hand. I've
lobbied more than once to get this changed.

	<mike