Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:18:54 -0800
From:      Jacob Rhoden <jacob@vicyouth.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   php/apache/mysql incompatibilities - more info

Hi,

I send this information the other day, But I will send it again - Because
apache 1.3.12 has some d.o.s flaws, I have had to upgrade a working niceley
4.3-STABLE system.

So what I have is:
   mod_php4-4.0.6_5
   mysql-client-3.23.43
   mysql-server-3.23.43
   apache_1.3.22

They all install ok no matter what order I install them, but apache will
not start with the following error:

   Syntax error on line 56 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
   Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp4.so into server:
   /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.10: Undefined symbol "strtoll"

It appears to me to be a problem with libmysqlclient.so - And I have been
searching for info related to that and strtoll online and on mysql.com to
no avail.

Any ideas would be really appreciated because I suspect I may not be the
only person who may end up with this problem.

Regards,
Jacob Rhoden

"As for me and my house, we       Jacob Rhoden
         will serve the Lord"                  jj@f3z.net
             (Joshua 24:15)                 0403 788 386