Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:56:01 -0500
From:      "Robert Blayzor" <rblayzor@inoc.net>
To:        <jacks@sage-american.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Sendmail POP Lock

I'll post this back into the list as it was just a few days ago:

If you are running Qpopper (POP3) this is a common problem.  This
happens when someone tries to pop into the same account when another
session is already active.  Or possibly the qpopper session crashed
leaving the poplock file undeleted.

There is no fix.  You simply don't have multiple pop sessions.  In
practice, it's not a good idea to do so.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

'Life is like a spoonful of Drain-O, it feels good on the way down but
leaves you feeling hollow inside'