Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:18:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Budi Kusmiantoro <kusmiantoro@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw: setsockopt(IP_FW_DEL): Invalid argument

Hello...

ipfw allows user to specify a list of rules in a file
and then access it with an absolute path.

example: ipfw /etc/rules

Deleting a non-existent rule will make the ipfw stops
processing the file immediately.  May be I am missing
something here, but I still don't see the reason why
deleting a non-existent rule is considered to be a
stopper.

Is there any security impact if we let the ipfw keeps
continue processing the rest of the file?

/Budi