Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 13:57:53 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Liran Dahan <lirandb@netvision.net.il>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Limiting TCP RST Response Packets

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Liran Dahan wrote:

> Im afarid of someone trying to flood me by Connecting to me 1000 times
> and for every time like that it will send TCP Rst Reponse. Is there
> any way to Limit TCP Rst Response packets?  Is there a way to Limit
> Unreach Messages (IPFW) that it wont flood me too ?
>
> -Liran Dahan- (lirandb@netvision.net.il)

Since 4.0-release, limiting of RST response packets and icmp unreach
messages has been done automatically by the default kernel.  You do not
need to do anything special, and need not worry about this.  If the
limiting is triggered, you will see messages in dmesg telling you so.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack