Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 22:13:51 +0100 (CET)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   XDM/X11 remote problems

Dear Sirs,
I have some little problems with XDM, IP Firewall (maybe)
and remote displays.

I set up some diskless clients and I setup up a display server,
from which the diskless client takes its kernel and get its chooser.
When doing an indirect query to our computer center's chooser host,
I can obtain a login from any host I can select in chooser, but I can
not do the same when serving a chooser out of on of our machines,
although I configured it to serve the same hosts as the computer
center! When doing a direct query I could obtain any display from
these appropriate hosts, but not when selecting them by the chooser.

Maybe this ist some kind of foolish installation, I use IPFIREWALL but
opened all UDP connections through our local LAN so this should not
the reason. Can anybody imaging what's going wrong?

It would be nice if there could be a helpful hint or tip, thanks
in advance for your help,
Oliver

-
MfG