Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2002 15:40:42 +1100
From:      Rob B <rbyrnes@ozemail.com.au>
To:        Craig Boston <craig@meoqu.gank.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: port make options

At 15:24 19/12/2002, Craig Boston sent this up the stick:
>Sorry for jumping in, this is just a minor pet peeve of mine.  I use
>MAKE_ARGS a lot for portupgrade, but what about for the ones with the
>stupid dialog boxes? (samba, mod_php4, etc)
>
>Many of them assume defaults when BATCH is set and are difficult (need a
>lot of \\\") or sometimes even impossible to override with environment
>variables.
>
>I have no problem with being user-friendly, but IMHO when these are put
>in the port should also be automation-friendly and allow itself to be
>configured with simple environment variables.

Hmm ... this is exactly what I was trying to accomplish ... is BATCH
something that can be tweaked by the user?

cheer,s
Rob

--
BE ALERT!!!! (The world needs more lerts ...)

This is random quote 305 of a collection of 1269

Distance from the centre of the brewing universe:
[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian

Public Key fingerprint = 6219 33BD A37B 368D 29F5  19FB 945D C4D7 1F66 D9C5