Date:      Sun, 21 Jan 2001 18:45:40 -0800
From:      greg simonoff <gsimonoff@geocities.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Netscape core dumps on reboot

--------------8A8B765D4E965AF64CE30A02

FeeBSD 3.3/ KDE/netscape 4.61

The netscape failes to execute whenever the system is rebooted.  I must
reload it off the CDs every time the system is rebooted.

    Ugh,  As root I  install Netscape 4.61, off the 3.3 CDs using
sysinstall of the of the packages.  Afterwards, I can run netscape 4.61
under KDE just fine. I can even logout and log in as another user -
netscape works just fine.  However, when the system is rebooted netscape
core dumps - nothing but a "floating point exception".
    Something is getting screwed up with the netscape configuration
during the rebooting process - but what?  How can I find the problem?
    I've checked the easy things like the environment variables, and
I've even checked for disappearing files with a diff on the netscape
package directory tree (before and after booting) - there are no changes
at least in the "ls -lR"s of the directory.

GREG

--------------8A8B765D4E965AF64CE30A02

begin:vcard
n:Simonoff;Gregory
tel;work:(510) 286-4659
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Calif State Dept of Transportation;Software Development
version:2.1
email;internet:gsimonoff@geocities.com
title:PE / Electrical Engineer (CA license)
adr;quoted-printable:;;111 Grand Avenue =0D=0A;Oakland ;CA;94623;
note;quoted-printable:Java, HTML, C++, C=0D=0AUNIX, OS9=0D=0A
fn:Gregory Simonoff
end:vcard