Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 22:43:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <doug@safeport.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   MESA/QT problem in ports

In installing kde2 from a ports collection updated 7/18, the QT install fails
with "shared library GLU.1 not found" This library is listed as a part of Mesa.

The versions are:

   Mesa-3.4.2_1
   qt-2.3.1

I got around the problem by mounting an older ports collection with
qt-2.3.0. This required reinstalling Mesa even though the versions matched. This
seems to have solved the problem although I will not know until morning (at the
earliest) as the KDE install lumbers on.

My conclusion is that one or both of Mesa-3.4.2_1 and/or qt-2.3.1 has a
problem. Has anyone else hit this? Any ideas other than what I did?

_____
Douglas Denault
doug@safeport.com
Voice: 301-469-8766