Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:05:42 -0500
From:      Marc Duchesneau <mduches1@Matrox.COM>
To:        Freebsd-Questions@Freebsd.Org
Subject:   Dell Poweredge & Perc 3/Si ctlr

Hello All,

	I've been busy searching the mailing list concerning the now infamous Perc
controller on PowerEdge systems (Perc 3/Si).  I know it is now supported by
FreeBsd 4.2.
However, i happen to be a newbie with FreeBSD and i can't get the RAID
working on my PowerEdge, when i enable RAID in the bios, FreeBSD does'nt
see the disks but if i enable only SCSI, it work.  anyone know what i am
talking about?? I found this in the mailing list:

hi, there!

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Michael Bryan wrote:

 > I searched the archives for any info on support for Dell's PERC 3/Si
 > RAID controller, and the most recent info I could find was from
 > December 1999, summarized as:
 >
 >       PERC 2/SC support is available in 4.x, including boot support.
 >       PERC 3/Si support is not available, due to inability to get
 >               programming interface info from Adaptec
 >
 > Is there any progress for the PERC 3/Si in the last nine months, or
 > is that still an accurate reflection of FreeBSD support of PERC today?

according to http://people.freebsd.org/~msmith/RAID/
there is support for PERC 3/Si in -current and beta patches for -stable

/fjoe

Anyone have been able to get this  working?
Many thanks..
Marc