Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2000 18:03:22 -0500
From:      Bill Bumgarner <bbum@codefab.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   port problems on clean install

Am I correct in assuming that one should be abel to cd into any of the
ports in /usr/ports/ after a clean install from a 4.11 cd, type "make
install" and it should "just work"?

It definitely isn't on my system.       When checking to see whether the
build environment is sane, it complains that "newly created file is
older than system file".

The date/time on the system is correct-- though, looking more closely,
it appears that it is not taking into account daylight savings time?
Actually, there doesn't appear to be any option anywhere for either
setting daylight savings time OR setting the computers clock during
setup.   This *really* should be a part of the setup as it can grossly
impact a system's usability if the clock is wrong.

b.bum