Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 00:46:06 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        shanon loveridge <shanon_loveridge@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as a Firewall

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 11:38:09PM +0000, shanon loveridge wrote:
> Ok I am thinking about setting up a P120 as a firewall
> for my home network and I was wondering if the
> computer will be fast enough for this or if there will
> be a noticable drop in performance. Also would OpenBSD
> be better suited for this as it is ment to focus on
> security.

Unless you have a really fast connection to the outside world a P120
should be more than enough. (Just FYI I am using an old 386SX/33 as a
firewall and it works just fine.)

I don't think OpenBSD would be better for this. Probably just as good
but not better.  Their focus on security is primarily in making sure
that there are no security problems with the OS itself.  This does not
mean that they have a better firewall.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson