Date:      Thu, 22 Sep 2016 10:04:11 -0400
From:      Steve Wills <swills@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Torsten Zuehlsdorff <tz@FreeBSD.org>, ruby@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Patch for Rails 4.2.7.1 Update

--7mjV59Jx9LUwiX7WpUhUxhKTIxt68axqI
From: Steve Wills <swills@FreeBSD.org>
To: Torsten Zuehlsdorff <tz@FreeBSD.org>, ruby@FreeBSD.org

--rIRxdsxMa4CDnBw3l1EunXquJ1RxCmGlM

Hi Torsten,

On 09/20/2016 04:31, Torsten Zuehlsdorff wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> i'm currently working on an update to Rails 4.2.7.1 (which of course is=

> needed by GitLab :D). Since its a security update it would be fine to
> get it into the ports-tree.
>=20

Indeed, thanks for working on this.

> My first attempt was to update all rails-* ports but swills pointed me
> to a simple test, by running "rails new foo" on a clean installation.
> This reveals 16 needed updates. 15 of them are included in the attached=

> diff, just the new port turbolinks-source is missing. I did not find an=
> time for it.
>=20

There's a script floating around for generating new gem ports if you
want I can try to find where I put my copy (I didn't write it).

> Most of the updates are fairly easy and safe to commit, but since there=

> are so many i found some more testers out there. Please check the
> updates by yourself and give feedback. Feel also free to commit them by=

> yourself if you want.
>=20

Looks fine, I would build test all the things that depend on nokogiri at
least.

> Also: can anybody point me to the location were the needed dependencies=

> were defined? I want to adjust the Makefiles but i can't figure out
> where they come from. I even make a clean install on a fresh ports-tree=

> and did a "grep -RH" about all work-dirs, but did not find any clue. An=
> help would be great.
>=20

This is generated by railties, see the generator stuff under:

/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.2/gems/railties-*/lib/rails/generators

In particular, there's a template at:

/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.2/gems/railties-*/lib/rails/generators/rails/p=
lugin/templates/Gemfile

but there's also some stuff added in the code, such as in:

/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.2/gems/railties-*/lib/rails/generators/app_bas=
e.rb

Steve