Date:      Sat, 9 Dec 2000 17:10:34 +0100
From:      Danny Pansters <danny@ricin.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: KDE

> coding apps for KDE at the moment or for...

Well, I can understand that especially with all the "this time you need QT
release x.y.z for a change" that kept popping up when kde2 was still
in beta. From what I've gathered though it would be easier coding for qt/kde
then it is for gtk/gnome but I have no experience with that myself.

Still, as an environment to work with rather than work on (as I do),
admittedly with 256megs of ram, I feel its all could ask for at this time.
Sure I'm biased like everyone else :-) but I think the konqueror browser is
the most important improvement that kde has for the end user (ok if/when
working properly). It's so much nicer than netscape.

I don't have random crashes or anything like that with kde, but sure it's not
perfect (aRTS anyone?) and it probably will never be. But I do think that
it's a good thing that the kde folks did a rewrite and really made everything
modularized much like windows is (meant to). People will disagree about this.
In fact, I believe this is where the whole kde/gnome wars bog down to on any
level from user experience up to developers interests/likings.

I hope I wont get flamed for having discussions in a Q & A mailinglist...

Grtz,

Danny