Date:      Fri, 09 Feb 2001 23:37:32 -0000
From:      "Dominic Marks" <dominic_marks@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   D-Link 530TX (AKA: VIA VT6102) Configuration Mess

Howdy!

I'm trying to get my D-Link NIC to work under FreeBSD 4.2-stable. I'v
located the right driver and included it into my kernel and the device is
now detected in my dmesg. However it seems to have some problems:

# dmesg | grep vr0
vr0: VIA VT6102 at IRQ 10 at device 15.0 on Pci0
vr0: couldn't map ports / memory
device_probe_and_attach: vr0 attached returned 6

I've looked up device_probe_and_attach and I can't find what the 6
represents. Has anyone got any experience with this driver or problematic
NICs in general?

BTW: ifconfig -a shows only ppp0 and lo0 if anyone wondered.

I'm still quite new to FreeBSD although learning all the time.

Many thanks
Dominic Marks