Date:      Sat, 9 Dec 2000 08:37:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bryce Newall <data@dreamhaven.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems w/ make buildworld

Greetings,

I am attempting to build FreeBSD 3.5-STABLE on my current 3.4-STABLE
system.  I'm running into the following problem:

cc -O -pipe -I/usr/src/usr.bin/make   -I/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include
-o make arch.o buf.o compat.o cond.o dir.o for.o hash.o job.o main.o
make.o parse.o str.o suff.o targ.o var.o util.o lstAppend.o lstAtEnd.o
lstAtFront.o lstClose.o lstConcat.o lstDatum.o lstDeQueue.o lstDestroy.o
lstDupl.o lstEnQueue.o lstFind.o lstFindFrom.o lstFirst.o lstForEach.o
lstForEachFrom.o lstInit.o lstInsert.o lstIsAtEnd.o lstIsEmpty.o lstLast.o
lstMember.o lstNext.o lstOpen.o lstRemove.o lstReplace.o lstSucc.o
main.o: In function `main':
main.o(.text+0xfba): undefined reference to `Make_Run'
make.o: In function `Make_Update':
make.o(.text+0x38f): undefined reference to `toBeMade'
make.o(.text+0x3f4): undefined reference to `toBeMade'
make.o(.text+0x408): undefined reference to `toBeMade'
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I downloaded a fresh source tree, but that didn't seem to help.  Any
thoughts, suggestions, etc. will be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in
advance.