Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 15:55:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt Behrens <matt@megaweapon.zigg.com>
To:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>, Matthew Cashdollar <mattc@rfcnet.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bind 8 or 4 ?

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group wrote:

> script to convert any BIND 4 named.boot files to BIND 8 named.conf
> files.  Then in 3.1 make BIND 8 the default.  This should give everyone
> plenty of warning (though some may still not heed the warning and
> complain, but I guess that's life).

Pfft.  BIND 8 can go in 3.0 just fine.  I think everyone should know (and
expect) that -STABLE stays bug-fixed and low-fallout and -CURRENT is
essentially reinstall and reconfigure everything.

Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>          | http://www.zigg.com/
Network Operations, The Iserv Company | Proudly running FreeBSD; sworn
MIS, Michigan Kenworth, Inc.          | enemy of Linux, a free hack OS
Chanop Script Coordinator, WWFIN      | and Windows, a non-free hack OS!