Date:      Sat, 23 May 1998 20:04:43 -0300
From:      Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
To:        "J.A. Terranson" <sysadmin@mfn.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: IPFW  and pop3/irc - loooong wait

I would LOVE to have a copy of your rule set.

I'm spining my wheel here trying to set up mine with an extra problem:
Samba attempts to dial whenever the machine is started, and, probably,
everytime it has some ns lookup.

To prevent this dialing, I have set porst udp/tcp 137-139 to ed1 only.

It worked great, but, now, for some reason which I could't understand till
now, calls from browsers, email clients, irc clients, are not causing ppp
to dial;

I found out that, if I allow port 53 - DNS - to be avaliable from any to
any, I can make them work, but then Samba starts ppp dialing again.

If you can send me your rule set, I will study it hard, to see if I can get
some light on this.

TIA !