Date:      Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:37:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jian Guo <jefguo@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Why my Freebsd 4.11 box keeps rebooting ?

Hi,

My Freebsd 4.11 boxes is used as a firewall and proxy
server.(ipfilter 3.4.35, squid 2.5 stable 7 is
intalled on Dell Poweredge700).

On 11/11/2005 and only on that day, the box keep
rebooting  every 20 mins to several hours. After the
first reboot, I diable the proxy server and only let
firewall run.( another service is sshd and no other
service). After 20 mins it rebooted again, so I
swithed to a backup firewall, the same configuration
4.11 only sshd ipfilter and no proxy, but different
hardware. Then 30 mins later it rebooted again.

Then I swithed back the original box(only firewall)
and try find any log errors, but I could find nothing
wrong and the system was runnig normal,no over load,
no much traffic. And it kept rebooting for several
times. In the everning, it remained stable, and keeps
running without problems until now(for a week).

I am so confused with it. I am the only one that
managed the box, and I checked the login files ,
nobody just me.

Any body has some clues about it?

Thanks,

Jian