Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 2000 10:15:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Daugherty <doc@wcug.wwu.edu>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Abit BP6 motherboard with 1 CPU ...

On Sat, 8 Apr 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> ... stupid question, but does it matter which slot you put the CPU in?  I
> put it in the one that happens to say CPU2, and it boots and all, but am
> wondering if that could cause problems?  I put it there so that it
> would/will be easy to throw in a second one at a later date ...
That would be more hardware specific and straight out of the BP6 manual "A
single Socket 370 processor can be installed in either PGA 370 socket, and
no specific boot processor socket needs to be selected."

David
Software Eng. - NetManage
Work email: david.daugherty@netmanage.com
Home email: doc@wcug.wwu.edu