Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2001 18:09:54 -0600
From:      Ben Weaver <sid67@tranquility.net>
To:        Arne Norre Ekstroem <aneks@ti.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems booting 4.1 on 45G drive

So, describe what you are doing to set it up.

Do you have other Operating Systems on this drive or will it be FreeBSD only?

When you say the installation completes without errors, it has fdisked, labeled, and installed the necissary files on your drive, then asked you a couple of questions such as whether the machine will be a leaf node or not, then asked for a root password and the option so set up a non-root user, then it tells you the installtion is complete and asks you to restart the computer?

When sysinstall comes up, and you get to the fdisk part, are you making:

1. One giant partition
2. Several small partitions

Once you're done making the partitions, and you get into the label editor do you:

1. Select autodefaults for all
2. Specify one giant / partition
3. Create several partitions consisting of sizes you want (i.e. 100mb /, 2gb /var, 280mb swap, 42gb /usr, and so on and so forth)