Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:41:46 +0100 (CET)
From:      Philippe CASIDY <pcasidy@casidy.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound and keyboard question about xmame

Hi!

This week end, i tried xmame to be able to play with my old games.

First problem: I have no sound

whereas xmame displays these messages, no sounds are played:

SDL: Info: Video mode set as 1024 x 768, depth 32
Using 16bpp video mode
Game uses 1024 colors
SDL: sysdep_display_alloc_palette(1026);
info: setting fragsize to 512, numfrags to 5
info: fragsize = 512, numfrags = 5
info: audiodevice /dev/dsp set to 16bit linear mono 22050Hz
info: sysdep_dsp: using oss plugin
info: sysdep_mixer: using oss plugin

Second problem: keyboard problems

I had to change the settings for the numeric keys; i.e.: depressing <5>
did not add coins, and <1> does not start the game. I set <C> for player
1's coin and <S> for player 1 start.

Thanks for giving me advised!

Phil.