Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:11:30 -0500
From:      "Kim Scarborough" <sluggo@unknown.nu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Getting rid of userland junk

I'd like to strip FreeBSD down as much as possible on a few boxes. I have all
the stuff I don't want, like sendmail, ssh, and uucp, disabled in make.conf,
so the buildworld doesn't bother with them, which is good... but is there an
easy way to figure out what I can delete now? There seems to be no good way to
actually remove these components; one can only stop them from being updated.
Is there a master packing list somewhere, or do I just need to navigate
through all the Makefiles?