Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2007 08:14:40 -0500
From:      "Grant Peel" <gpeel@thenetnow.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   losf netstat bound port 100

Hi all,

Being going blind again looking for an answer to a seemingly simple =
question.

I had a hung pop3 process (port 110), and killed it.

netstat still shows 3 connections in the FIN_WAIT_2 state.

lsof shows nothing (no connected processes).

Is there a simple way to disconnect the hung sockets?
(Other than a server reboot).

(I can't restart the pop3 deamon until those are cleared, as I get the =
dreaded "Can't bind to port, already in use" message.).

-Grant